Starting macrobiotics may be easier than you think. It is a process of making simple changes to our diet and lifestyle. These changes can be done at your own pace. See macrobiotic definition to learn more about macrobiotics. The following 7 steps to starting macrobiotics were created by a group of 30 macrobiotic teachers at one of our annual meetings.
7 easy steps to starting macrobiotics
- Acknowledge that you are the one who is responsible for your own life and wellbeing. This will empower and allow you to realise your full potential.
- Introduce whole grains, vegetables and beans into your daily diet. Avoid meat, sugar and dairy. An organic, plant based, whole food diet leads to optimal health. Local, seasonal foods, free from artificial additives are the preferred choice.
- Engage in daily physical activity. To increase flexibility, vitality and agility take up any form of body movement according to your needs and ability.
- Keep a diary of everything you eat for at least 2 weeks, including how your body reacts to each meal. This is to establish a relationship between what you do and how you feel.
- Educate yourself in the basic principles of macrobiotics, so that you have a depth of understanding of the journey you have begun. Your study can include: books, cooking classes, personal coaching, online research, learning from different teachers, lectures and seminars.
- Nourish your life by reconnecting with nature. For example cultivate a garden, swim in the sea, walk in the park or woods. Bring nature into your home by growing indoor plants.
- Join or create a group with whom you can share your developing consciousness and growing sense of health. Find what brings you joy and celebrate with family and friends.
Read the various pages on this site for more information and recipes. You can call Simon on 07543663227 or email for personal help, advice and courses.